Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hot day and patience

It's a bloody hot day today in Obuasi. Too hot to be walking around in business wear. Was out visiting the schools that are participating in the ASK project. All the travelling was done on foot which wouldn't have been so bad if it was not so hot. Went to do a final confirmation that they are coming for tomorrow and to arrange the pickup timing. It was then that I realised some schools have not even assigned a teacher to follow the kids yet. As for the pickup, Phillip suggested we give a early time to them as he says his people if you tell them 8 they will reach at 9 (for those who know me, yes I'm usually late too but not to that extent!) Anyway, besides going to the schools today, went to the goldmine too. That's why I was wearing business wear as I was hoping to meet the General Manager of community development at the goldmine. Didn't get to meet him again. The reason this time round was that while he's in, he had not read our proposal yet. Haiz! The proposal was sent last thursday! I don't really care if he wanna see us or not, so long as he gives us the funding! Anyway he says he will read it and discuss it with his MD and get back to us. Not sure how long that will take. In the meantime, AIESEC KNUST will probably have to fund the opening ceremony through their operating income or something like that cos the event is definitely going ahead tomorrow. The other interns from Kumasi are now in Obuasi doing the final preparation for tomorrow. So the greatest take-away from this hot hot day is patience. Patience with the speed of the internet here as I try to upload photos; patience with the speed things get done here etc. That's Africa for you. Anyway since the net here is really slow, will not bother uploading photos to the blog. Will do so through flickr instead so its gonna be a wordy blog people. I'm sorry.

2 comments: